- 1 t. olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 T. taco seasoning, or to taste
- 1 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 12 taco shells
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic
until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix lentils (after rinsing) and taco seasoning into onion mixture; cook
and stir for about one minute.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover the skillet and simmer until lentils
are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and cook until mixture is slightly thickened, 6 to
- Mash lentils slightly; stir in salsa.
- Serve about 1/4 cup lentil mixture in each taco shell.
- Garnish with cheese, tomato, lettuce, sour cream, etc., as desired.