Black Bean Casserole
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatos
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 7-inch corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- In a large skillet, combine onion, green pepper, undrained tomatoes, salsa,
garlic, and cumin.
- Bring to boiling, then reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stir in beans
- Spray a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick coating.
- Spread one third of the bean mixture over the bottom of the dish.
- Top with half of the tortillas, overlapping as necessary.
- Cover with half of the cheese.
- Add another third of the bean mixture.
- Cover with remaining tortillas.
- Add the remaining bean mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.